Users within Core mobile can use the Stake feature to participate in securing the Avalanche® network. The Stake feature would allow users to add their Avalanche tokens (AVAX) to an existing validator. When locking tokens for a certain period of time, users will receive a share of the staking rewards that the validator receives from the protocol.
1. Once connected, navigate to Stake
2. Followed by inputting a valid amount to delegate, select Next
3. Next, set a staking duration.
The following options within the visual are based on the set of durations are able to delegate.
Select from various predefined durations, or opt for the "Custom" choice, allowing to specify the desired end date for the staking period.
When opting for a custom date, pick a specific day from the pop-up calendar that falls within the minimum and maximum stake date range. Then select Next.
Based on the user’s input parameters (the delegation amount and staking duration), Core mobile will display a node that satisfies these parameters. This node is selected at random from a list of nodes that satisfy these parameters. Note that at any time, users can select specific nodes by navigating to the Advanced Set Up option.
4. Lastly, users can access a summary of their staking information. Maintaining the flexibility to revisit and modify any entered details, cancel the delegation setup, or finalize the delegation process by selecting the Stake Now button.
5. Upon completion, users will be notified of the successful delegation. Review the transaction details using the Subnet Explorer or return to the Earn Dashboard for further actions.
For any additional questions, please view our other knowledge base articles or contact a support team member via the chat button.