Hexagate is a transaction analysis browser extension aimed at analyzing the security of dApps and smart contracts. Users can now analyze their Avalanche network C-Chain address with Hexagate prior to signing a transaction to prevent connecting to a site or smart contract that is malicious.
1. Navigate to Hexagate, and click on Get The Extension.
2. Sign up for a free Hexagate account.
3. After signing up, wait for the email confirming registration and finish setting up the Hexagate account. Once finished, download the Hexagate extension.
4. Install the extension and log in.
5. Navigate to the Avalanche wallet and copy the C-Chain address. In this example, we are using the Core browser extension.
6. In the Hexagate extension, click on the Impersonate tile.
This feature allows users to select a wallet address they want to impersonate while connecting to dApps or smart contracts through Hexagate, without actually connecting their wallet. It uses the address' public key to simulate transactions with an extra layer of security.
7. Enter the C-Chain address that was copied from your wallet in the Choose Address field, and select the Avalanche C-Chain from the Chain id drop-down menu.
8. Flip the Impersonate toggle to "on".
Hexagate will connect to dApps and smart contracts through WalletConnect by impersonating the Avalanche wallet.
Hexagate does not have access to private keys or funds to create transactions. It will use the wallet's public key to read the wallet balance to simulate transactions.
9. Navigate to a dApp on the Avalanche network. This example features Pangolin. Click on the Connect Wallet button, and choose WalletConnect instead of the normal Avalanche network wallet.
10. Now the wallet is connected to Pangolin, however, it is Hexagate impersonating the address. Navigate to the Swap tab to simulate a transaction.
11. Using the panel on the right-hand side, simulate a trade with the funds in the wallet. In this example, we will simulate swapping AVAX for USDC.
12. Select Swap, and then Confirm Swap, the Hexagate tab will open and display the security analysis report for the smart contract associated with the swap being simulated.
After evaluating the dApp or smart contract, can disconnect Hexagate and reconnect with your Avalanche network wallet of choice to create the real transaction.
For any additional questions, please view our other knowledge base articles or contact a support team member via the chat button. Examples are for illustrative purposes only.