Here are the steps to bridge assets from the Ethereum Network onto the Avalanche® Network using the Avalanche Bridge™. These steps can be applied to bridge to/from the Ethereum Mainnet, Avalanche C-Chain, and Bitcoin Network.
1. Click the “+” icon in the lower right corner, and select, “Bridge.”
2. Select the network where the assets in question are located currently from the "From" drop-down menu.
3. Select the destination network in the "To" drop-down menu. Once that is done, enter the amount that needs to be bridged.
Note that the bridge does not move assets between the Ethereum, and Bitcoin networks.
4. Click "Transfer" to begin bridging the specified assets. A status indicator for the transaction will appear.
Note: The number of confirmations will also be visible on the screen.
5. To hide the transaction status, click the "Hide" button located in the top-right of the screen. This will not cancel the transaction.
6. Once completed, the "Bridge Successful" notification will appear, along with any airdrop received from bridging over $75 worth of assets.
Ethereum bridged assets will now appear with an ".e" designation representing the bridged asset.
The Core interface will need time to update your newly bridged assets.
For a more in-depth read on how the Avalanche Bridge works, please read the following articles.
For any additional questions, please view our other knowledge base articles or contact a support team member via the chat button.