Here are the steps to Bridge assets from the Ethereum or Bitcoin Network onto the Avalanche Network. These steps can be applied to bridge to/from the Ethereum Mainnet, Avalanche C-Chain, and Bitcoin Network.
1. Click the “+” icon in the lower right corner, and select, “Bridge.”
2. Select the network where the assets in question are located currently from the "From" drop-down menu.
3. Select the destination network in the "To" drop-down menu.
Note that the bridge does not move assets between the Ethereum, and Bitcoin networks.
4. Click "Transfer" to begin bridging the specified assets. A status indicator for the transaction will appear.
Note: The number of confirmations will also be visible on the screen.
5. To hide the transaction status, click the "Hide" button located in the top-right of the screen. This will not cancel the transaction.
6. Once completed, the "Bridge Successful" notification will appear.
Note: Bitcoin assets that are bridged over will show as "BTC.b" in Core.
Ethereum assets that are bridged over will show a ".e" designation at the end of the name.