MetaMask is a widely used non-custodial Ethereum wallet (available at https://metamask.io) that can be easily connected to the Avalanche blockchain network.
Note: With Core extension and Core web, users can fully unlock Avalanche functionality such as adding Subnets and other features when using the Core suite of products.
Adding Avalanche Network to the MetaMask Wallet
1. Log in to MetaMask -> Click the Network drop-down -> Select Add network
2. A new window will open up, showing a list of predefined networks. From that list, click on the Add button next to the Avalanche network.
3. When prompted, click Approve.
4. A pop-up window will display a message according to which the network was added successfully while providing the option to switch to the Avalanche network.
Note: Core —the secure crypto wallet designed by Ava Labs— comes preloaded with a connection to the Avalanche network, which makes the following step unnecessary. Get a better experience: Get Core today.
As additional info, the parameters of the Avalanche network are:
Network Name: Avalanche Network
New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
Explorer: https://snowtrace.io/ (Note: the video still uses the previous value; Please be assured that snowtrace.io is the correct value).
Send AVAX to the MetaMask Wallet connected to Avalanche
Now that you’ve set up MetaMask on Avalanche, you may wish to transfer some AVAX to your brand-new hot wallet. Here’s how that process works:
If you have funds on the P- or X-Chain, you'll need to move them to the C-chain before they can be sent to MetaMask. Please read our article on Cross Chain Transfers for instructions on how to do so.
Once your funds are on the C-Chain, you can send the AVAX from your Avalanche wallet to your MetaMask wallet.
1. Select "Send".
2. Select "C Contract" as the Source Chain.
3. Enter your MetaMask wallet address by copying and pasting it into the "To Address" field on your Avalanche wallet.
4. Confirm, and finalize the transaction.
For any additional questions, please visit our knowledge base or contact a support team member via the chat button at support.avax.network.