Core extension implements a wide array of features and it can be used right away by importing an existing MetaMask Wallet rather than creating an entirely new wallet. The Core extension is EVM compatible, meaning the Recovery Phrase for a MetaMask wallet can be used to access Core.
Note: This means that the Recovery Phrase will be simultaneously used on both MetaMask and Core.
1. Download Core from the Google Chrome extension store. Google Chrome is the preferred browser for the Core extension.
2. Copy the MetaMask wallet Recovery Phrase.
(DISCLAIMER: DO NOT share this with anyone else. No one at Ava Labs or Avalanche Foundation will EVER ask you for the Recovery Phrase. If this information is given to another party, it will let them access the wallet, and this CAN NOT be reversed.)
3. Open Core, and click "Access Existing Wallet."
4. Click "Recovery Phrase."
5. Paste or type the Recovery Phrase from MetaMask here, and click "Next."
6. Name the wallet, and create a password to access Core. The password should not be shared with anyone else and no one from Ava Labs or Avalanche Foundation will ever ask you for this information.
It is very important to type the Recovery Phrase carefully and in the correct order. Do NOT share your Recovery Phrase with anyone else; it will give them access to your wallet and all of the crypto assets in your wallet, allowing them to steal everything. Once crypto assets move to a wallet you do not control, they are gone forever and no one can recover them for you.
Note: In the case that the password is forgotten, use the Recovery Phrase to restore the wallet.
7. Now, a new wallet on Core has been imported and the Extension will go to the main browser screen for the Avalanche ecosystem. To access the wallet, click on the browser extensions tool in Chrome and select “Core” (note the cute owl!). Core Extension can be pinned to the browser so that it is easily accessible, and set Core as the default wallet.