The Address Book can be utilized to store frequently used wallet addresses for buying, sending, and receiving tokens or NFTs. The Core Address Book supports BTC, and C-Chain addresses for each contact.
1. To access the Address Book, click the menu icon in the top-left corner.
2. Select "Address Book" at the top of the menu.
3. Click "+" to add a new address. These can be named to make sending and receiving assets easier.
4. Enter the name, the C-Chain address, and the BTC address for the new contact. Please double-check these addresses to make sure they are correct before saving. Once the addresses are confirmed click, "Save."
5. To edit or remove an address, click the contact, and then click, "Edit."
6. After the changes have been made, click "Save" or click, "Delete Contact" to remove the contact from the Address Book.
It is very important to select the correct address for the transaction. A mistake in the address will result in tokens or collectibles being permanently and irreversibly sent to the wrong person/wallet/exchange.
No one at Ava Labs or the Avalanche Foundation has the ability to recover tokens sent to the incorrect address or reverse any transactions on the blockchain.
For any additional questions, please view our other knowledge base articles or contact a support team member via the chat button. Examples are for illustrative purposes only.